Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Finally the Results of Our Mini Christmas Recipe Contest!

Sorry it took so long! I was sick during Christmas break and so I waited until after break to do this. Now I'm cramming for exams this week, so I'm still really busy but I found time to squeeze this in :)
Thankfully, I got four entires (more than zero) and it was really, really hard to pick. Thanks to all those who submitted a Christmas recipe! I chose Lily's submission which was actually a video on YouTube that she found! Congrats Lily!
So I'll include the video and then pictures from what I made and little changes I did to the recipe!



This is the 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 of milk combined along
with two teaspoons of hot chocolate. In the video she used
instant coffee, but I substituted hot chocolate instead
because we didn't have instant coffee.

I couldn't find any Hershey's candy cane kisses, so I came up
with my own thing: white chocolate chips and candy canes

I used 3/4 of a candy cane and ground it up into powder

Then I heated the white chocolate chips and ground candy
cane together for 45 seconds. This obviously doesn't look like
the video's, but oh well. One problem I had was that
some of the candy cane hardened again and it was a bit
hard to mix, but it worked out

This is the final product, I mixed the white chocolate/candycane
mixture in, but it didn't really melt, so I stuck it in the microwave
for a few more seconds. There was a small lump of candy cane
and chocolate at the bottom, but IT TASTED SOOOO GOOD!
This recipe is so easy to make, I bet it would be even easier if you had the right ingredients too :D
But it tasted so good! I've never had a Starbucks version, but I think I would choose this over that any day.
Thanks again Lily, and if any of you make this, tell me how it worked for you!
July

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, fellow Creative Cliquers! We're always up for a good discussion here, so please leave a comment and let us know what you think! Please keep all comments viewer-friendly and I think we'll get along just fine. (: