Monday, March 3, 2014
Reverse French Braided Bun Tutorial
Hair can be the most difficult thing to get right. Each person has a different style and not every hair-do looks good on everyone, so things can get a little sticky when you're trying to figure out the perfect way to dress your up hair. This is something I think looks great on everyone. It's perfect for a day at school, a shopping day, or even a date with a special someone *wink wink*. Without further ado, here is the reverse French braided bun.
1. Flip your head upside down and brush your hair to smooth out any cowlicks.
2. Take a two-inch section from near the nape of your neck and separate into three pieces.
3. Begin French braiding, working from the bottom up rather than the reverse. It might take a few tries, but you'll be able to feel if the braid is coming out straight without looking in the mirror!
4. Once your braid reaches the crown of your head, smooth the rest up into a high ponytail.
5. Twist the pony around itself to form a ballerina bun and pin in place.
6. An oversized bow clip is totally optional, but it helps hide any bumps at the top of your braid—plus, it just looks adorable!