Monday, March 11, 2013
A Modern Twist On A Bun
Howdy lovelies! Found this cute alternative from the usual ho-hum buns that's super easy!
1. Take a section of hair at the crown of the head, use a ton of hairspray and backcomb.
2. Pull your hair into the highest ponytail you can. Secure the hair tie as tight as you can, but make the ponytail a few inches away from your scalp.
3. From underneath, find the approximate middle of the ponytail and put your fingers through to the other end.
4. Grab the end of the ponytail and pull it through the hole. Pull about two or three inches of hair through and no more.
5. Pull the base of the ponytail so it becomes tight to your scalp.
6. Your hair should now look like this. See how the top of the bun kind of goes off into a V? Gently pull those pieces forward if it happens to you and use bobby pins to secure.
7. Secure the ends of the ponytail around the base of the hair tie with bobby pins. Spray the hair to take care of the fly-aways if you like, though if you prefer a messier look, I'd leave them like I did here.